Peer Educator Duties and Responsibilities
- Enroll in PH2304 during your first semester as a student Peer Educator
- Available for mandatory weekly meetings, Wednesdays 3:30-4:30
- Recruit other peer educators
- Assist in developing programs and workshops
- Participate and promote special programs and tabling opportunities
- Assist in creating educational materials and displays
- Become a Certified Peer Educator (CPE) through BACCHUS GAMMA
- Ability to work with others – a team player
- Responsible and reliable
- Good communication skills, including a willingness to speak in front of an audience
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- Good role model. (Doesn’t mean being perfect—nobody is!)
- Strongly interested in health promotion and disease prevention
- GPA of 2.5 or above
Steps to Take to Become a Peer Educator:
- Attend an information session. Sessions will be held February 21st from 5p-6p and February 24th from 11a-12p.
- Fill out this application. Applications are due by March 8th.
- A Wellness Resource Center staff member will contact you to come in for a short interview.
- Students will know if they are accepted into the class during priority registration.
- You will enroll in the next available class offering of PH 2304.