Interested in becoming a HEART Peer?
- Ability to work with others – a team player
- Responsible and reliable
- Good communication skills, including a willingness to speak in front of an audience
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- Good role model. (Doesn’t mean being perfect—nobody is!)
- Strongly interested in health promotion and disease prevention
- GPA of 2.5 or above
Peer Educator Duties and Responsibilities
- Enroll in our 3-credit Public Health Peer Educator class (PH2304) during your first semester as a student Peer Educator
- Available for mandatory weekly meetings, Wednesdays 3:30-4:30
- Recruit other peer educators
- Assist in developing programs and workshops
- Participate and promote special programs and tabling opportunities
- Assist in creating educational materials and displays
- Become a Certified Peer Educator (CPE) through BACCHUS GAMMA
Steps to Take to Become a Peer Educator:
- Attend an information session.
- Fill out our application.
- A Wellness Resource Center staff member will contact you to come in for an interview.
- If accepted, you will enroll in the next available class offering of PH 2304.
Peer Class Information:
- our HEART Peer class (PH2304) is offered during both Fall and Spring Semester and is held once a week on Wednesday evenings
- The course provides students with information about peer education, communication and bystander intervention techniques, and specific health and wellness content.
- Students must complete a total of 140 experiential hours during the semester they are in the class.
- Peers must sign up for at least 2 weekly office hours during which they will be available to assist with tasks around the office
Sound good? Apply Here!