Give A Hoot
Give A Hoot:
Ever been concerned about a friend who seems to be struggling? Ever felt uncomfortable during a social situation, because you saw something and felt you should speak up but weren’t sure how? Give a Hoot: Owls Speak Up provides students with the tools to recognize risky or challenging situations and concerning issues and how best to intervene, including trying to talk to a friend before something risky might happen, doing something in the moment, or supporting someone after something difficult has happened. The training covers the following health and wellness topics: sexual health, sexual assault, body image, alcohol and drug use, anxiety, and suicide prevention.
Give A Hoot is being offered the following dates and times during the Spring 2017 semester:
1) Thursday, 2/2/17 from 3pm to 5pm
2) Tuesday, 2/14/17 from 10:30am to 12:30pm
3) Tuesday, 2/21/17 from 10:30am to 12:30pm
4) Tuesday, 3/7/17 from 10:30am to 12:30pm
5) Thursday, 3/30 from 3 to 5pm
6) Tuesday, 4/11 from 10:30am to 12:30am
7) Thursday, 4/20 from 2:30 to 4:30pm
8) Thursday, 4/27 from 2 to 4 pm
All trainings are held in the Wellness Resource Center classroom. Give A Hoot qualifies for STARS credit through student organizations and for SOAR credit for new students. To participate in the training, please sign up here.