Applications for Fall 2018 are currently closed.
Look for applications for Spring 2019 in the Fall!
- Ability to work with others – a team player
- Responsible and reliable
- Good communication skills, including a willingness to speak in front of an audience
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- Good role model. (Doesn’t mean being perfect—nobody is!)
- Strongly interested in health promotion and disease prevention
- GPA of 2.5 or above
Peer Class Information:
- The HEART Peer Educator training course (SBS2304) teaches students about various health topics, what it means to be a peer educator, and skills to be an effective peer educator.
- The course is offered during both Fall and Spring Semester and is held once a week on Wednesday evenings
- You must be available from 3:30pm-7:30pm during the semester you wish to take the course
- Students must complete a small number of experiential learning hours outside of class time throughout the semester as well as hold 1 office hour per week to assist with office and programming tasks.
It’s not over when you finish the class! Many HEART Peer Educators choose to be involved with the WRC long after they have taken SBS 2304 in the following ways:
- Being available for weekly meetings, Wednesdays 3:30-4:30
- Recruiting other peer educators
- Assisting in developing programs and workshops
- Participating in and promoting special programs, events and tabling opportunities
- Assisting in creating educational materials and activities
Steps to Take to Become a Peer Educator:
- Attend an information session
- Fill out our application.
- A Wellness Resource Center staff member will contact you to come in for an interview.
- If accepted, you will enroll in the next available class offering of SBS 2304.
Sound good? Apply Here!