Thrive: Wellness Living Learning Community
Thrive: Wellness Living Learning Community (LLC) is a collaboration between the Wellness Resource Center and University Housing and Residential Life.
It is an immersive experience designed to prepare First-Year students to thrive at Temple University. Specialized programming and a First Year Seminar provide students space to explore holistic wellness and their ability to flourish in college.
Located in Morgan North
Program Administrator: Brittany Robinson
Students in Thrive: Wellness LLC will engage in enlightening conversations through the lenses of the eight dimensions of wellness and social justice. Students who choose to be a part of this community desire to place holistic wellness at the center of their college experience. Students will learn about mental well-being, stress management, how to cultivate joyful relationships, and much more.
LLC students are encouraged to stay connected to the Wellness Resource Center by becoming a HEART Peer Educator, a student leader who promotes well-being, cultivates community, and is a change agent on campus. Our goal is to promote a variety of intentional learning experiences that go beyond the classroom – where students can explore practical and relevant life skills.
Is Thrive: Wellness LLC a good match for your first year at Temple?
This LLC explores all eight dimensions of wellness and encourages students to practice new wellness behaviors that will enhance their experiences on campus. We also promote dialogue between LLC residents about academic and social issues.
What are residents of the Thrive: Wellness LLC expected to do as a member of the community?
- Participate in scheduled on-campus and off-campus learning opportunities and activities.
- Enroll in a 1-credit first year experience seminar class, taught by the Wellness Resource Center staff and LLC Peer Mentor.
- Bring an enthusiastic and open-minded perspective, as we hope students will engage in new strategies to support their sense of well-being.
- We encourage interested students to apply to be HEART Peer Educators so they can continute to grow as leaders and support positive norms and behaviors within the campus community.
What does it mean to be a part of this LLC?
Being part of Thrive: Wellness LLC connects new students with like-minded peers who have an interest in cultivating and maintaining holistic wellness and advancing social justice while at Temple University. This LLC fosters community and friendship through activities and experiences such as:
- Grocery shopping tour
- Trips to Philadelphia landmarks
- Group dinners
- Yoga in the park
- And more!
Thrive: Wellness LLC residents are encouraged to attend programs and events organized by the Wellness Resource Center. Some of these events include:
- Wellness Day - De-stress with therapy dogs, massages, and get connected to on campus mental health resources.
- LoveTU - Enjoy a night of song, dance, and poetry performed by fellow Temple Owls to uplift spirits, cultivate community, and enhance well-being.
- Clothesline - Survivors of interpersonal violence and community members creatively bring awareness to the issue of violence by sharing experiences and messages of hope.