The WRC hosts different events through the semester for members of the campus community to learn more and create connections. Check out what's happening!
September is Suicide Prevention Month
- The 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day - Be a part of the conversation by following @BeWellTU on social media and sharing how you will #BeThe1To support friends and prevent suicide.
- We will be hosting an event at the Bell Tower on the 11th. Stop by from 11:00am-2:00pm to learn more about how we can create a supportive community and work together to end suicide.
- Movies for Mental Health is a workshop featuring independently created short films with group and panel discussions. This workshop will focus on how mental health stigma can impact people from marginalized communities. Join us in partnership with IDEAL on Thursday September 13th from 6:00-8:00pm in IDEAL’s lecture hall. Food will be provided.
- Interested in learning more about suicide prevention and how you can support someone who may be considering suicide? The WRC will hosting multiple "Question, Persuade, Refer" trainings – a nationally-recognized approach to addressing suicide.
- For staff/faculty: Monday, September 10th at 3pm
- For students: Wednesday, September 12th at 1:30pm and Friday, September 14th at 10:00am
Please send any questions or RSVP to events listed above by e-mailing TUWellness@temple.edu
- Learn about managing stress and developing skills to thrive under pressure! Join the WRC's HEART Peer Educators for an "Owl About Stress" session on Monday the 17th. Learn more and RSVP by e-mailing TUWellness@temple.edu
- We'll be popping up around campus with some tips for getting a good night's sleep and taking care of your physical well-being. Visit us around 13th & Polett on Tuesday the 18th!
- Therapy Dogs? Check! Massage therapists? Check! Take some time to re-energize during Wellness Day on the 19th! We'll be in the Student Center Room 217!
- What is self-compassion and how can we each practice it in our own lives? Join us for a "Nourish to Flourish" workshop on the 20th at 6pm in Student Center Room 220.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month - check back soon for dates and event information!