What We Do
The Wellness Resource Center believes that well-being and health are influenced by many different factors of a person’s lived experience and environment.
We each have that ability to make choices and organize our lives in ways that can bring us closer to balance. The Wellness Resource Center team is committed to offering creative and innovative programs that give students an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Certified Peer Educators facilitate educational workshops for student organizations and classes
- Philadelphia FIGHT provides rapid HIV testing in the WRC office each week
- Organize campus events such as WalkTU, Wellness Day, LoveTU, and the Clothesline Project
- Offer safer sex products (such as condoms) at discounted prices
- Teach a 3-credit Public Health class as training for students to become Certified HEART Peer Educators
- Provide individual wellness consultations with our professional staff
- Coordinate with other Temple departments to promote a healthier campus environment
- Work with Conduct and Community Standards to support students assigned to CHOICES, an alcohol education workshop, and BASICS, a research-based educational intervention
- Partner with University Housing & Residential Life to provide the Healthy Lifestyles Living Learning Community
- Provide professional development programming to support colleagues interested in promoting student wellness and resilience